Albatros D.VI PusherAlbatros D.VI
Albatros D.VI was the designation given to a prototype single-seat twin-boom pusher biplane built in 1917 in Germany. It was armed with a fixed 7.92 mm (0.312 in) LMG 08/15 machine gun and a fixed 20 mm (0.787 in) Becker Type M2 cannon cannon.
The aircraft's undercarriage was damaged on landing from its maiden flight in February 1918 and was never repaired, the project being abandoned in May of that year due to other projects of higher priority. The 130 kW (170 hp) Mercedes D.IIIa engine was eventually removed for use in a different aircraft.
Length: 7.75 m (25 ft 5 in)
Wingspan: 9.8 m (32 ft 2 in)
Empty weight: 638 kg (1,406 lb)
Gross weight: 880 kg (1,940 lb)
Powerplant: 1 × Daimler D.IIIa , 130 kW (180 hp)
1x fixed 20 mm (0.787 in) Becker Type M2 20 mm cannon
1x fixed 7.92 mm (0.312 in) LMG 08/15 machine-gun